ISLAMABAD (ENNS) Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani and Deputy Chairman Saleem Mandviwalla survived no-confidence resolutions tabled against them here on Thursday.
The oppositions no-confidence resolution against Sadiq Sanjrani failed to receive the 53 votes required for his removal. 50 votes were received in favour of the resolution as five votes were rejected.
At the start of the session, 64 senators had stood up in support of the motion to table the no-confidence resolution.
A similar resolution tabled against Saleem Mandviwalla by the government also failed as it received 32 votes.
For the first time in the history of Pakistan, a no-confidence motion had been submitted against the Senate chairperson, demanding his resignation.
Opposition parties had nominated Mir Hasil Bizenjo as their candidate for the post of Senate chairperson.
Bizenjo in a viral video on social media alleged that he was defeated by head of agency.
However Pak Army’s Spokesperson Major General Asif Ghafoor Bajwa while dismissing the claim of Bizenjo said remarks were unfounded.
- یوم اقلیت اور اقلیتیں! ولیم پرویز
- یوم استحصال کشمیر: ڈی سی محمد تاشفین عالم کی زیر قیادت ریلی
- Police Martyrs Day commemorated
- Future of teen age coalmine workers in smoke
- DC Naushahro Feroze directs officials to clean routes of Ashura processions on priority
- Govt servants given chance to get passports with their jobs
- عوام ناچنا چھوڑ دیں! سدھیر احمد آفریدی
- قابل دست اندازی واقعات میں اندراج مقدمہ میں تاخیری حربے برداشت نہیں کرینگے، عرفان علی بلوچ