NSC rejects former premier’s statement: Sharif stands with his stance on Mumbai attack:

0

ISLAMABAD (ENN) Though the meeting was suggested by Military leadership but as per legal requirement the Prime Minister of Pakistan Shahid Khaqan Abbasi is chairing the session of the National Security Committee (NSC) over former premier Nawaz Sharif’s recent “media statement” on the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

NSC session was  attended by the top brass of military leadership, including Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Mahmood Hayat and Director General Inter-Services Intelligence Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar are attending the meeting, being held at the PM House.

Moreover, the chiefs of the navy and air-force are also attending the meeting, as are the directors general of military operations and military intelligence.

NSC has unanimously rejected the statement of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif after the meeting presided by Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.

Former premier Nawaz Sharif, in a recent interview to Dawn newspaper, had said, “Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?”

His remarks were played up by the Indian media as an admission of Pakistan’s involvement in the terrorist attacks, even though similar questions and statements have been raised from civilian and security officials in Pakistan earlier.

Experts believe that NSC meeting will come up with concrete measures on the issues as it has damaged the image of Pakistan worldwide.

However the PML-N issued a clarification on Sunday stating that Nawaz’s remarks were “grossly misinterpreted by Indian media”.

“Unfortunately, a section of Pakistani electronic and social media has intentionally or unintentionally not only validated but has lent credence to the malicious propaganda of Indian media without going through the full facts of the statement,” a party spokesperson said.

The spokesperson added that Nawaz’s comments about Shehbaz Sharif’s role in the party’s election campaign are also being misinterpreted.

Nawaz Sharif here on Monday has said that he stands with his statement and the question raised by him was genuine. He said “I am waiting for answer to my questions.

Sharif was talking to media here outside the accountability court. He said over 50000 persons have been martyred and same question had been raised by various people.

About Author

Leave A Reply